Just got my subscriber copies of Lumina, and wanted to share my poem.
This is a fabulous journal. Visit them here: http://luminajournal.com/
- The Illiad, t. Fitzgerald
- Peer Poems for June ’12 Bennington Workshop
- This article.
- A poem about deer and dead fox kits
- A 10 page paper on a single Bidart poem
- Comments on peer poems
IN MY RESEARCH FOR WRITING I HAVE COME ACROSS
- this image:
- and this image:
- April Bernard at present, who is working on getting me to “control the crazy.” She’s stepping in where so many ex-boyfriends have failed.
- Mark Wunderlich next. He has probably the best bio photo of any poet out there. Also, he used to raise guinea pigs.
- Avatar Review‘s June issue will have four of my poems in it.
- WOMEN WRITE RESISTANCE: POETS RESIST GENDER VIOLENCE (Blue Light
Press, 2013) will feature my poem “Don’t.” The anthology is edited by Laura Madeline Wiseman.
- I am a finalist for the Arts & Letters poetry/Rumi prize. Will learn in June whether I got it or not.
And so I leave you with this which is pretty awesome.
Soooo…here’s the entry where I come across as creepy. The only one though! I promise!
I submit by mail to literary journals, on occasion. Some days I work from home, when our mail arrives.
Every time the door to our building opens or closes, I wait for the beep of the mail carrier. And as soon as I hear that tell-tale beep, I race to the door and peer through the peephole for the entire duration of the mail carrier dropping off our mail.
Because, you know, going out to get the mail while he’s still there would be embarrassing and weird.
Today’s mail: one sushi menu addressed to “resident.”
I have been trying to do this for some five years.
The Irish cheeked girl above is me, Shevaun Brannigan. I write poetry. I do other things too, but not with much success.
Welcome to my site, where I will provide links for all my poetry in one place. Thanks for visiting!